How To Make Money From Honey Business In Nigeria. Complete Guide
Honey Business In Nigeria Complete Guide.
Honey is an important sweetener that is widely talked about because of its importance and ability to do more than expectation.
The importance of honey has made it an ocean-sized business for anyone to venture without an atom of fear or success.
If you have been thinking of starting a honey business and don’t know you right from the left than, This post is for you.
You will learn how to start a honey business and make good money from it.
Some people have been asking how to start this honey business and smartincomepro.com have been giving the free guides, the rate of the request is getting high and we cannot be able to go over one same process for over ten people at a time.
For that reason, we thought it wise to make this free guide on How To Make Money From Honey Business In Nigeria.
Before going on let’s get to know what honey is and its importance.
WHAT IS HONEY
Honey is a thick golden liquid produced by industrious bees. Honey is a sweet, viscous food substance produced by bee from sugar secretion of plants (floral nectar).
USES OF HONEY IN THE KITCHEN
- Honey is used to replace sugar and other sweeteners that can be added to beverages.
- In recipes, honey can be used as a good substitute in place of sugar.
- Honey can clearly replace the use of granulated sugar when making pancakes.
IMPORTANCE OF HONEY
The importance of honey is too much that it has to be separated into a section for a clear understanding.
IMPORTANCE OF HONEY FOR THE BODY
- It contains Antioxidants which help to reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes and some types of cancer.
- Honey reduces the risk of Diabetics compare to sugar.
- When taken by all age (mainly aged) lowers the rate of blood pressure.
- Honey helps to improve cholesterol.
- Honey can lower Blood Triglycerides.
- It helps to improve heart health.
- Honey helps to suppress coughs in children.
IMPORTANCE OF HONEY TO THE SKIN
- Honey act as a pure cleanser.
- Honey lightens scars.
- It reduces sunburn.
- Moisturises the skin deeply.
- It fights pimples and Acne.
- Honey backdate looks (reduces age).
- It goes a long way in adding a Natural Glow.
- Honey reduce wrinkles.
- It hydrates the skin.
- Honey brightens skin complexion.
IMPORTANCE OF HONEY TO THE HAIR
- Honey seals moisture in the hair keeping it conditioned which reduces hair breakage.
- It Antioxidant properties prevent damage from keeping your scalp and hair healthy.
- Honey comprises antibacterial and antiseptic qualities.
- It cleans hair follicles by getting rid of impurities.
- Using honey as a hair care ingredient not only boosts hair growth but it stimulates hair re-growth from the dormant follicle.
BENEFIT OF STARTING HONEY BUSINESS
- The benefit of starting a honey business anywhere in the world are endless because of its numerous uses.
- Honey business has less competition here in Nigeria.
- It requires lesser capital to startup.
- Honey requires no form of registration before business if you are starting small.
- It is used both locally and professionally, both herbal and medically, both in the village and in the city.
PROFIT POTENTIALS OF STARTING HONEY BUSINESS
Staring honey business is a good business idea because honey business is very lucrative.
With just N10, 000 or N20, 000 you can start the business and make over 100% within the shortest possible.
NOW, LET’S CALCULATE.
A 50cl of honey cost from N1500 to N2500. Let’s say we fixed our price at N1500.
10 liters of honey goes for as low as N10, 000, in some places it will be hard to get a liter as 10 liters, you can then buy 20 liters for N20, 000.
50cl x 2 = 1 liter.
50cl x 20 = 10 liters.
50cl x 40 = 20 liters.
For 10 liters
20 (50cl) x N1500 = N30,000.
You bought 10 liters for N10000 you are selling it for N30000 minimum sells.
For 20 liters
40 (50cl) x N1500 = N60,000.
20 liter cost you N20,000 but you are selling for N60,000 thereby making a pure profit of N40000.
NOTE. The amount you buy honey depends on some factors which are the season and distance.
The price of honey tends to come down during the raining season because the bees tend to have more nectar fo feed on (flours are fresh).
WHERE TO BUY HONEY FROM
The part of the country that has a lot of honey is Adamawa State. This is because of the shear boundary with one of the most hight producing honey countries in Africa.
If you mean to start this business very big you can travel to Cameroon to but honey in a cheaper rate. The transport is nothing compare to the kind of profit you will be pulling out.
But if you don’t want to stress then you should look out for other places that might be closer to you.
Places like Taraba State and Cross River State sell honey too in large quantity.
You should visit the place you want to buy honey from and ask for their honey market, They are sure to have one.
HOW TO DETECT ORIGINAL HONEY
Everybody these days want to make quick money, thereby feelings like mixing of the honey to increase quantity will arise. If you want to sell honey then you should be able to detect pure honey (unmixed) from mixed honey.
SHEET OF WHITE PAPER
I can remember very well that this is the method my father used to test honey to know if it is pure or mixed.
You will get a sheet of paper and pure honey on it. leave the honey on the paper for a little while, now, clear the honey off the paper with a dry cloth. If the paper gets wet in any case RUN.
A GLASS OF WATER
I got this from Enibest Get a glass of pure water and pure a spoon of honey into it.
The honey will go down to the bottom without mixing if the honey is a pure one but the reverse will be the case if the honey is already mixed.
HOW TO MARKET HONEY BUSINESS
Since we have plans to go big someday in our business, I will advise you to register in any of the food regulatory bodies in your country or locality.
In Nigeria, NAFDAC is the body you will have to register with.
That should be done after you have successfully got a branded packaging you will be using.
You will want to sell a product that looks presentable and that people can trust what you are selling.
Packaging is not an issue, just read any of my other posts to see how to package and brand your product to meet market demand and make good sells.
HOW TO PROMOTE HONEY BUSINESS
Promotion of honey business will go well on free ads. The competition is quite low so a little effort in the promotion will get you reasonable sells rate.
If you set you a big honey business in any location, then you will have to use paid ads. Pay TV station and Radio stations to run ads for you.
Also, you should look out for websites that deal with food and recipes to promote your business.
Please leave a comment and shear this post with your friends.