How to Start Aloe Vera Toothpaste Production Business in Nigeria.
Aloe Vera toothpaste production business is a neglected business that we don’t consider doing. After this post, you will get to know how much is been made from this Aloe Vera toothpaste production business.
Toothpaste is the first most widely used in a day. We start our day with it and end with it as well. Toothpaste used to be known for washing of teeth to keep the mouth fresh but today there is more to it than just that.
Toothpaste today now contain some Herbal mixtures which help to keep the teeth healthy and protect it from bacteria.
This Herbal toothpaste making started because of the dental problem that has gone viral. Bacterial that stays in the mouth letter turns into worms and gradually eat you the teeth and even the gums in someone’s mouth.
Aloe Vera toothpaste is one of the few herbal kinds of toothpaste we have in the country. The popular Close-up, Mymy and Maclean have this brand as one of their variety of toothpaste.
Most of the self-made toothpaste these days are the herbal product. The importance of Aloe Vera has done so virally that it is considered a look-out-for when buying toothpaste.
Aloe Vera toothpaste production Business in making wave than expected. In every market today, you see different types and kinds of mouth-wash having over 70% herbal and a vast majority are Aloe Vera.
This Aloe Vera toothpaste production business has created the job for most people ever since people get the importance of Aloe Vera.
Talk on production rate
Now it will shock you to know that the companies producing the toothpaste we use are making a lot of money. You might be tempted to say they are useless and selfish but this is business.
A friend of mine that works with one of the widely known toothpaste companies told me during a chat over a bottle of soft drink. We were discoursing and he asked do you know that a big size toothpaste cost N50 naira to produce? I was like WHAT DID YOU SAY? He said yes N50.
Been dumbfounded for some sec and I said you don’t mean it.
He let me understand that it used to be N20 per production but with the recent increase in raw material, the production price then moves to N50.
When I got home that night I couldn’t sleep I was thinking what we discoursed and I help them do the maths.
if the producer sells to the wholesaler he makes his own profit.
And if the wholesaler sells to the retailer he makes a profit.
If the retailer sells to the final consumer he makes money.
Let assume that the producer sells to the wholesaler at the rate of N150 he makes N100.
The wholesaler sells at the rate of N200 to the retailer he makes N50.
Now the retailer sells to the final consumer at the rate of 250 and makes N50.
If the producer happens to sell 10,000 pieces of toothpaste weekly (which in real case is always more than that) he will be making…
10000 X 100 = 1,000,000 profit.
Ingredient to make Aloe Vera Toothpaste
Aloe Vera juice: is used as a remedy for skin condition including burns, sunburn, frostbite, psoriasis and cold sores.
Baking soda: baking soda is used to remove mouth odor from teeth, it is also used to promote teeth whitening.
Vegetable glycerin: this is used as solvent, antifreeze, and lubricant.
Fresh mint (eucalyptus, peppermint, spearmint oil or cinnamon):
See Also: Top Reasons Small Businesses Fail
Steps to make the Aloe Vera toothpaste.
- The first thing to do is to cut off the thorns from one side of the Aloe Vera and open through with a very sharp knife.
- Get a spoon or a knife to scrape out the gel neatly from the Aloe Vera and put the get in a clean bowl.
- Use a knife to chop the Aloe Vera gel into a smaller size.
- Use and blending device to blend the chopped Aloe Vera into fine smooth juice.
- Add 10 drops of the mint (eucalyptus, peppermint, spearmint oil or cinnamon) to Aloe Vera gel.
- Now it’s time to mix all your ingredients.
- Add 5 teaspoon of baking soda to the mixed Aloe Vera gel and mint.
- Again add 5 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin and stir all mixture.
- Pack your finished product, and we are good to go.
Now that we have our product ready, you will be expecting me to say we are done NO.
We just started have our product is never our major aim, but consumer having them is.
How to get our product to consumers.
- Television: this is a very important approach for any new product that wants to go viral. It does not matter how small or how less important you may think your product is when it gets promoted on television you will begin to notice a huge sells rate.
- Radio: radio used to be the first means of advertisement by today social media has dust the rest. Radio is still doing wonders as the second most lucrative place for your advertisement. Promote your product on radio and it will get noticed.
- Newspaper: this is a very cheap place to advertise, we are just after letting the product get noticed, that’s why we must promote everywhere we can. Few people still read the newspaper these days.
- Social media: social media is one are of promotion you should not toy with. If you are a good marketer and you want to go viral, then the social media should be your first line of thought. Facebook ads alone is enough to cover all the conversion you might get from all your other source of an advertisement put together.
You should run some few ads on Twitter, Instagram and other social media network you might know.
And wild promotion. You can get people to do wild promotion for your product and pay them daily after work. To do this you will need a car and some sound system. Your product will be promoted and at the same time will be sold out in the location you prefer.