How to Start Moisturizing Body Cream Business in Nigeria.
Moisturizing Body Cream Business in one aspect of the business that most Nigerians overlook. Do you know the secret of most models and celebrity? They don’t use our popular body cream (the ones we buy from the market).
Models and celebrity used their own special cream (might not be made by them).
Here is another secret…..
“Everybody cannot have same skin type.”
The amount of water my skin can retain is not the same amount your skin can retain. The amount of oil my skin release is not the same your skin will release.
The food I eat in a day is not the same you eat the same day.
My average body temperature is not same as yours.
The ability of my skin to withstand bacterial infection can never be same as yours.
SO WHY USE THE SAME CREAM WITH EVERYONE?
Yet another secret of the models and celebrities “before using any cream the get their body tested”.
The oil level and the water level in the skin is been examine to be able to get the right prescription of body cream to be used.
You will not expect a person whose skin is highly oily to use a cream that is jelly like Vaseline, the skin will react to excess oil.
Mind you, every wealth has its own cream to use.
Importance of Moisturizing Body Cream
Today we will be making Moisturizing Body Cream, just before we start let’s talk about its importance.
Moisturizing Body Cream is a cream that is perfect for dry skin, it produces moisture to the skin to keep it fresh and soft. Just as the name moisturizing it has the ability to preserve moisture in one’s body keeping the body at a regular temperature.
Moisturizing Body Cream is widely used because of its ability to withstand vast majority of the wealth condition all over.
Ingredients for making a moisturizing body cream
- Bee wax ………………….. 1cup
- Acetyl alcohol …………. 1cup
- Petroleum jelly ……….. 1 tablespoon
- Shea butter …………….. 2 tablespoon
- Paraffin oil ……………… 2 tablespoon
- Propylene glycol …….. ½ cup
- Stearic acid …………….. 3 tablespoons
- Lanolin …………………… 2 tablespoons
- Glycerin …………………. 3 tablespoons
- Fragrance ………………. (as desired)
- Colorant ………………… (as desired)
- Preservative ………….. 1 tablespoon
- Water ……………………. ½ liter
Materials needed to start moisturizing body cream business in Nigeria.
- Big glass bowl: This will be used to collect materials during the mixing process.
- Measuring cup: used to get the right quantity of need raw materials.
- Wooden turner: Wooden turner will be used in stirring up while mixing.
- Food processor Blender: Blender will be used in the mixing process to get a fine texture.
- Glass or stainless steel bowl or double boiler: We will need this to hold the wax while melting.
- A big pot: The pot will be used to apply heat to the mixed chemicals.
- Small jars: This will be used to store our finished product.
Step by step process for making moisturizing body cream.
- Pour water into a clean pot and put it on fire and leave it to boil.
- Set the stainless bowl over the pot on heat.
- Add bee wax in the stainless bowl and allow it to dissolve.
- Add acetyl alcohol, Shea butter, petroleum jelly and allow everything to dissolve.
Boil 1 liter of water in a different heat.
- Add lanolin, stearic acid, propylene glycol, glycerin, into the water. Keep stirring with the wooden turner repeatedly to incorporate all the water.
- Pour mixed (water) into a food processing blender and add the melted oil from step 1 – 4 into the food processing blender as well. You will notice a noticeable change as the mixture starts to have a creamy texture.
- Add colorant; stir and let it cool for some minutes.
- Add fragrance and preservative then stir.
- Now pack into clean jars.
Well done; your cream is now ready for use, be the first to use your own product.
For long and proper preservation your finished product should be stored in a cool dry place.
If you have the intention to go into Moisturizing Body Cream Business then you will need a business plan.
Your business plan will include how to get startup capital:
if you have a nice and well-written business plan it will be able to tell you how to get your startup capital.
Most loan and grants providers do not just give grants or loan, they must see a business plan to be sure that their effort will not be in vain.
It will review how many people you are targeting: the highs and lows of targeted Moisturizing Body Cream Business customers will be included in your business plan.
It will help you have a good market strategy: who you are selling to, how you should sell, the kinds of promotion to offer when to offer these promotions and many more will plainly be indicated in a good business plan.
With a business plan you will have a goal: the statistic of the height you will want to attain, how many new clients you intend to meet in a day, how much to make a day, your new companies all over the world and many more.
Your branding should pass an unseen view to people, it should be customized in a unique way.
You should get an affordable package for your customers.
You can offer special Moisturizing Body Cream Business to an individual.
You will have to consider the person skin type (wet or dry)
Oily or not
Consider the weather as well.
If possible get to know how often the person takes fatty food and water.
Try to know the type of fragrance the person will like and
Which color he or she prefers.
All these will help you know how to produce what will work well for the client. The quantity of wax to use, how thick or light the cream should be.