How To Start A Lucrative And Profitable Pumpkin Leaf/Ugu Farming Business In Nigeria.
How To Start Profitable Pumpkin Leaf/Ugu Farming Business In Nigeria.
Ugu farming business in a very-very lucrative one, the business is making money more than we have ever imagined.
The idea of going to farming keeps come to us but we still let some irrelevant things and thought to hold us back.
A graduate of UNN shared her story with me on how she made her first million while in the university. She is going full time into pumpkin leaf/Ugu farming business.
She showed me her new farmland that she bought and I was like Wow!
Some people are aggressively pulling Gold plans and we should not just watch them do it, we should join them.
Here is how profitable this Ugu farming business is here in Nigeria.
PROFIT POTENTIALS IN UGU FARMING BUSINESS.
Ugu farming business used to be underrated but not anymore. With just an acre of land close to a million can be made from Ugu farming business.
This is one of the lucrative business of our time.
Ugu farming does not require a large sum of capital to set it up and the returns are great.
With just N150,000 you will be able to set up one acre of Ugu farm that will yield up to a million if calculated.
It takes 3 months for Ugu farm to produce pods, a pod houses over 70 Ugu seeds (This could be up to 100 or more).
An acre of Ugu farm can produce over 200 pods.
200 pods X 100 seeds = 20000 seeds
A seed of Ugu cost N50 and having over 20,000 seeds is real money.
20,000 X 50 = 1,000,000 In Just 3 months.
That is not the main money for the business.
After the first 2 weeks of setting up your Ugu farming business, you can start harvesting leaves about 3 times a week.
For an acre of Ugu farm that is doing well, you can harvest over N30,000 worth of leaves on a single day of harvest.
That means harvesting 3 times a week will sum up to about an N100,000 weekly.
Now, which work pays N100,000 weekly?
This amount to N400,000 /mth.
At the end of the 3months, you would have gotten over N2,200,000 from your Ugu farming business area.
IMPORTANCE OF STARTING UGU FARMING BUSINESS.
- It has a very high market demand.
- It does not have a union you must register with before starting.
- It does not require a large amount of capital for a startup.
- It does not require a lot of experience to start.
- It produces millions of 3x a year.
BENEFITS OF UGU LEAVES AND SEEDS
- Ugu prevents diabetes in the body by lowering excess glucose in the body.
- Ugu is mostly referring to as a blood tonic because it increases haemoglobin concentration present in the body.
- Ugu seed contains oil in its seed and that improve the semen in men body.
REQUIREMENT FOR SETTING UP A PUMPKIN LEAF/UGU FARMING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA.
Feasibility study as I will always say is your eye to the business. This brings about clarity and full understanding of the business you so desire to start.
This will help you take the final decision on if you are ready for the business or not.
If you carry out a good feasibility study some of the major processes of Ugu farming business will be exposed to you.
UGU FARMING LAND PREPARATION STEP BY STEP
- Ugu farming is done on a sandy-loamy soil because it is a vegetable, it needs all the water it can get to keep fresh.
- Clear the land (could be clean clearing but no burning).
- Till the soil (Tilling machine will make work easy and fast).
- Add a lot of organic manure (Cow dung, goat dung, chicken dung and more).
PREPARATION OF UGU SEED FOR PLANTING
- When you buy an Ugu pod or you harvest from your farm.
- Bring out the seeds by opening the pod.
- Dry the seed under the sun for 2days.
Note: the drying of the seed is to help the seed shell strong a little to be able to resist pest from damaging them.
PLANTING OF UGU SEED STEP BY STEP
Planting is the next step after the step by step land preparation, this should be down in the morning.
- Dig a hole 5cm into the earth.
- Place the Ugu seedlings (2-3) on a standing position.
- Cover the seed with little sand.
- Cover plant spot with dry grass to avoid the loss of moisture.
- Repeat the same process 1m away for better spacing.
WEDDING OF UGU FARMLAND
Ugu farming business is a business that produces 3x a week (leaves), so clearing should be done more regularly to avoid weeds competition for nutrients with your product.
FERTILIZER APPLICATION TO UGU FARMLAND
Because of the frequent harvest of done more often it is essential for the land to be very fertile.
Organic fertilizer is highly recommended for Ugu farming business.
The process is to apply at first before planting and then apply after 4weeks of planting and apply again after 6 weeks again.
Animal dung is best for Ugu farming business as fertilizer, it is proven to be the best and also safe for human because Ugu product is harvested frequently.
An inorganic fertilizer can still go, the NPK 15 15 15 and urea is also good.
For a real Ugu farming business, you can get 2 acres of land or even bigger.
This is a business and as such should be done aggressively.
The bigger the better the profit, Ugu buyers are readily available so you don’t have to worry.
Note: A sand-loamy soil should be what you are looking at while getting a land for your business.
This is the most interesting part of the whole business.
A minute let me get a cup of juice…
While harvesting over N400,000 a week please bear in mind to pay your tithe to what ver denomination you believe in.
Cut the leaves in a way that it will easily grow and be ready to harvest within days.
Note… The buds and younger leaves should be a reserve for next harvest day (which could be 2days from that day).
If you want to be motivated on starting this Ugu farming business, take a walk to any vegetable open market and ask for Ugu N50.
Whatever you receive should be your motivation.
Comment on what you think about this Ugu farming business. Don’t forget to shear this post. Thanks.